Firefighters are always prepared for the unexpected but seeing Jason Donovan in his underpants tackling a fire was certainly a surprise for London Fire Brigades Kensington crew.
The Brigade was called at 04:09 hours on Sunday, 22 September to a fire on Chepstow Villas in Notting Hill.
Watch Manager Thomas Wolfe said:
“The fire was located in the side passage next to a house, and when we arrived, a gentleman was tackling the fire using a fire extinguisher.
“We took over from him and quickly dealt with the blaze.
“It soon transpired that it was Jason Donovan who noticed the fire from his property over the road.
“The fire is believed to have been caused by a fault in electrical cabling.”
A spokesperson for the Brigade confirmed that the fire was under control by 0428.
When asked if they would give Mr Donovan a commendation, Thomas quipped:
“He looks good for his age.
“As one of the firefighters said to the resident, ‘everyone needs good neighbours'”.