Police have successfully obtained a criminal behaviour order on a woman who committed several assaults against officers in north-west London has been handed a criminal behaviour order (CBO).
It is the first time such a measure has been used following offences against police in the capital.
At Isleworth Crown Court on Tuesday, 20 October, a judge approved an application for the CBO which will ban Hibo Mahamed, 30 (15.03.90) of West Wycombe Road, Buckinghamshire from contacting any emergency service unless she is in genuine need.
It also prevents her from verbally abusing any emergency worker either over the phone or in person when in contact with them.
Under the CBO, Mahamed is banned from entering the boroughs of Brent and Harrow unless attending a pre-arranged appointment.
The CBO also bans her from acting and inciting others to act in an anti-social manner.
At the same hearing, she was also sentenced to a hospital order under Section 37 of the Mental Health Act.
Mahamed Repeatedly Assaulted Police Officers
Mahamed previously pleaded guilty to two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, two counts of assault on an emergency worker and one count of racially aggravated harassment, alarm or distress.
The first offence took place on 9 July 2019 when officers were called to an address in Harlesden following reports that a woman was causing criminal damage to the property.
When they approached Mahamed, she scratched one of them on the arm to the extent that it drew blood.
The officer required a tetanus booster due to the injury sustained.
Mahamed was arrested and later released under investigation.
On Tuesday, 18 February, officers were called to an address in Wembley following another report of Mahamed acting in a disorderly way.
required hospital treatment, including tetanus injections.
Comment By Senior Police Officer
PC Rachel Buckley, who led the investigation, said:
“We are reassured to know that officers and others in the emergency services now have this level of protection against a habitual offender who had absolutely no regard for their safety or wellbeing.
“Mahamed now has the chance to get the treatment she requires and hopefully turn her life around.”
Chief Superintendent Roy Smith, Lead for Officer Safety, said:
“This is an excellent result which sends out a clear message that we will relentlessly pursue those who assault or abuse our officers while they are at work, doing everything they can to keep London safe.
“This is a culmination of a huge amount of hard work and perseverance from the investigating team – especially from PC Buckley who has only recently completed her probationary period.
“Assaults against officers, whatever their nature, can have long-term physical and psychological impacts and should never be seen as part of the job.
“Through close working with the CPS, our Op Hampshire team is committed to ensuring any MPS officer or staff subject to this type of behaviour has their case taken seriously while also getting any wellbeing support they may need.”
Can you help Emergency Services News?
Our mission is simple: To share fact-based stories about the emergency services and the life-saving work they do daily. Each member of our team has served in either the armed forces or emergency services.
We use our frontline experiences to help inform the general public about the realities of serving in the emergency services, armed forces and NHS.
But with ad income declining – owing to the pandemic – we need the help of our readers and supporters so that we can keep bringing you fact-based stories which are free from the ‘anti’ narrative which is often projected by some sections of the mainstream media.
You can help us by making a one-off or reoccurring donation via Paypal. CLICK HERE to become a donor
We would like to thank you in advance for your continued support.