Here at Emergency Services Humour, we have a legion of media analysts who keep an eye on the ‘interweb’ for any ‘good’ or ‘bad’ news stories which are related to the emergency services.
We do this, because we are the only dedicated media ‘organisation’ specifically tasked with highlighting to the world the truth when it comes to emergency services related stories & news.
We got so sick and tired of some sections of the media trying to make our colleagues look like fools, that we decided to remedy the complete lack of a dedicated emergency services orientated media organisation.
So one of our dedicated ‘media analysts’ found a story that suggested Prince George is interested in becoming a Cop.
In our opinion, this is good news, for a number of different reasons, as outlined below:
- If Prince George became a Cop, then the individuals out there who constantly try to tarnish the polices’ name, will have a harder job doing this – no-one wants to bad-mouth an organisation that ’employs’ a member of the Royal Family.
- If Prince George did join the Police, then the Government would HAVE to spend more money on our cash-strapped Forces (assuming that future Governments also undervalue the role of the Police by taking much-needed money away from them)
- Assuming that morale does not improve by the time Prince George is able to join the Police, then senior management would no-longer be able to cover up the horrendous effect that bad morale is having on the Polices’ ability to do their job.
- Whoever gets posted out-and-about with Prince George when he does join up (to look after a crime scene / hospital guard etc) during his ‘probation’ will get copious amounts of tea and biscuits.
- The world-famous ‘Beat Helmet’ might actually get scrapped, as anyone who wears it just ends up looking like a kids toy.
- People might actually stop and take a look at the often harrowing work which the Police (and other emergency services) have to deal with on a daily basis, rather than just reading stories in the mainstream media about Police Officers who take a break, and Medic’s who park their ambulances.
We think that Prince George’s’ interest in the Police has been piqued, because he has no-doubt seen plenty of IRV / Area cars / Trojan / Traffic / DPG officers racing around Buckingham Palace on Blues & Twos and has thought: ‘that looks cool’
We also reckon that he probably was interested in joining the Ambulance Service, but has heard about all of the nasty notes which have been left on the windscreens of ambulances. So has no-doubt been put off by such acts of silliness.
We surmise that Prince George probably hasn’t really thought about the Fire Service yet, because he rarely sees a Fire Engine nowadays, as most of the Fire Stations in and around London have been shut down.
If you live outside of the UK, and you are thinking ‘surely no Government would actually close fire stations’, its true; it has actually happened here in blighty.
In our popular fortnightly satirical eMagazine (that is emailed directly to our subscribers) we also reveal some of the less-appealing parts of being a Police Officer, which could put Prince George off from joining the Police.
Anyone can subscribe to our eMagazine, whether or not you have served in the emergency services, and regardless of where in the world you live.