On Tuesday 15th December, Milo Lindsay, 34, of Longport Avenue, Withington was sentenced at Manchester Crown Court to 14 years imprisonment for two counts of section 18 assault, section 20 assault and two counts of possessing a bladed article.
He will also spend an extended period of four years on licence.
Lindsay will have to serve two-thirds of the 14-year sentence in prison before the Parole Board decide whether it is safe for him to be released.
On Sunday 18 August 2019, police were called to the Albert pub in Withington. Officers attended, and it was reported that, during an altercation, a man had been slashed across the face.
The victim sustained a six-centimetre wound which required stitches and resulted in scarring.
Five months later, on Thursday 30 January 2020, police were called to the Indigo nightclub in Withington.
Officers attended and established that, during an altercation, two men had been slashed across the face.
The first victim sustained an eight-inch wound whilst the second suffered a three-inch wound.
Both wounds required stitches and resulted in scarring.
After detectives identified similarities between the two cases, Lindsay was arrested and taken into police custody.
Judge Elizabeth Nicolls told him :
“Armed with a knife, you slashed the throat and faces of three men, and you transformed the city experience to one of terror rather than pleasure”
“These three men are permanently disfigured, but more than that you have traumatised them, and indeed those who had to witness your inexplicable violence.”
Natalie Richardson, of GMP’s City of Manchester district, said:
“These incidents resulted in the victims requiring hospital treatment and being left with scars. These are serious consequences, and they could have been even worse.
“Nights out are supposed to be enjoyable, and members of the public should not fear that those around them are carrying weapons which could inflict serious injuries. I hope this result warns offenders that this behaviour will not be tolerated.
“I also hope this case reassures communities that, regardless of time passed, Greater Manchester Police is committed to identifying those responsible for crimes, linking their involvement in any others and ensuring they face justice.”
Got a story, blog or video? Please email our team, in complete confidence, at email@example.com.
CLICK HERE to follow us on Twitter for more news, blogs and videos.
Before you go...
WE NEED YOUR HELP. As former emergency services & armed forces personnel, we pride ourselves on bringing you important, fast-moving and breaking news stories & videos which are free from the negative 'anti' bias which is often directed at the emergency services & NHS by some sections of the mainstream media.
One of the reasons we started 'Emergency Services News' back in 2018 was because we became tired of reading badly informed stories about the emergency services.
We want to be the unheard voice of the remarkable men and women who serve in the emergency services, NHS and armed forces. And with around 500k page views each month, we are getting there!
As income from ads, the mainstay source of income for most publishers, continues to decline; we need the help of you, our readers.
You can support emergency services news from as little as £1. It only takes a minute. Every contribution, however big or small, is vital for our future.
Please help us to continue to highlight the life-saving work of the emergency services, NHS and armed forces by becoming a supporter.