Tributes have been paid to a Northumbria Police PCSO who has died after testing positive for COVID-19.
A spokesperson for Northumbria Police said:
‘Graham Wesley Dinning, who was known to his colleagues and friends as Wez, tested positive for Covid-19 on October 14 and had been self-isolating at home.
‘However, his condition worsened, and he tragically passed away earlier today.
‘Graham, 48, leaves behind wife Laura, who also works for Northumbria Police, and their son Adam’.
Paying tribute, Laura said:
“We are absolutely devastated beyond words.
“Wez was a caring and loving husband and father – and an incredible friend who will be greatly missed by so many.
“He really loved working for Northumbria Police and was proud to be a PCSO.
“I would ask everyone who had the pleasure of knowing him, that they remember him with humour because I know that’s what he would want.”
Graham also leaves behind his dad Chris and sister Carol.
Northumbria Police Chief Constable Winton Keenen has led the tributes from the Force. He said:
“The thoughts of everyone at Northumbria Police are with Laura and Adam, and Graham’s wider family and friends at this extremely difficult time. They have our deepest sympathies and our full support.
“Many of those friends include colleagues, and the impact of this tragic loss will be felt across the whole police family.
“Graham was a dedicated and well-respected member of Northumbria Police. He was a real character and was an extremely popular and likeable colleague who was committed to making a real difference to the communities he served.”
Graham began his career with Northumbria Police more than 28 years ago, on April 13 1992, as a general office assistant in Farringdon.
He worked in various roles within Business Support across Southern Area Command including Farringdon, Washington and in Sunderland.
Graham went on to secure a role as a PCSO, working in Central Area Command between September 2017 and April 2019.
He then made a move back to Southern Area Command and was most recently involved in a project working with partner organisations in Southwick.
Chief Constable Keenen added:
“I would like to thank our officers, staff and volunteers – and all of our colleagues across the emergency services – who continue to display unwavering commitment and professionalism at these most challenging of times.”
Graham’s family have asked people to respect their privacy following the tragic news.
To stay up-to-date with more news relating to the frontline work of the emergency services, then remember to follow us on Twitter.
Before you go...
WE NEED YOUR HELP.Here at Emergency Services News, we aim to tell you stories that the mainstream media are not interested in reporting. Whilst the MSM love to berate and ridicule the emergency services, who is there to report on the realities of serving on the front line?
Emergency Services News is currently a loss-making entity. But our team of volunteers, all former emergency services personnel, do not do it for the money.
We do it because we are sick and tired of the mainstream media constantly trying to undermine the men and women who put their lives on the line to keep you and your family safe.
How many MSM journalists who speak ill of the emergency services have actually dared to don the uniform and risk their own lives to save the life of a complete stranger? If you would like to help back our mission of reporting on fact-based news, then please consider helping to support us financially.
You can support emergency services news from as little as £1. It only takes a minute. Every contribution, however big or small, is vital for our future.
Please help us to continue to highlight the life-saving work of the emergency services, NHS and armed forces by becoming a supporter.