Greater Manchester Police (GMP) have confirmed that twenty-one men have been arrested as part of an on-going investigation into child sexual exploitation in Bolton.
Last week (Thursday 15 October 2020) officers from GMP’s Bolton division attended addresses in Bolton, Bury and Chorley.
There, five men, aged between 19 and 20, were arrested on suspicion of engaging in sexual activity with a female child.
The men were arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual activity with a female child.
The arrests follow further action taken the previous week on Tuesday 6th October where eight men were taken to custody.
The eight men were also arrested on suspicion of offences ranging from rape of a female child and engaging in sexual activity with a female child.
GMP confirmed that eight arrests had already been made before this in relation to the investigation that was launched in June 2018 following reports of offences committed against teenage girls.
The victims continue to be supported by specialist officers.
All 21 men – aged between 18 and 58 – have been released on bail with conditions.
A spokesperson for GMP said that the 11 victims ‘have been, and are continuing to be, supported by GMP and partner agencies’.
Detective Inspector Dave Sinclair, of GMP’s Bolton CID, said:
“The action we have taken in the last few weeks has been a significant step in our operation into child sexual exploitation in Bolton, and I can assure the public that our work does not stop until we bring each one of those responsible to justice.
“This investigation is very much on-going but anyone with any information or concerns can contact police knowing that all information will be treated with the strictest confidence.”
Anyone with information should contact GMP on 0161 856 4198 quoting Operation ‘Pavarotti’.
Details can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Before you go...
We need your help. As former emergency services & armed forces personnel, we pride ourselves on bringing you important, fast-moving and breaking news stories & videos which are free from the negative bias which is often directed at the emergency services & NHS by some sections of the mainstream media.
One of the reasons we started 'Emergency Services News' back in 2018 was because we became tired of reading badly informed stories about the emergency services & NHS which seemed only ever to highlight negative aspects of the job.
We want to be the unheard voice of the remarkable men and women who serve in the emergency services, NHS and armed forces. And with around 500k page views each month, we are getting there!
As income from ads, the mainstay source of income for most publishers, continues to decline; we need the help of you, our readers.
You can support emergency services news from as little as £1. It only takes a minute. Every contribution, however big or small, is vital for our future.
Please help us to continue to highlight the life-saving work of the emergency services, NHS and armed forces by becoming a supporter.